>>>>

Friday, August 31, 2012

12 Days of Show & Share! Day 11!

If Today is August 31st, I’m somewhere on a plane between Hong Kong and Los Angeles!

What kind of experiences will the 16 of us who took this tour have had?

I’m sure friendships will have been formed, and email addresses exchanged, and facebook pages LIKED and FRIENDED!

I’m sure I’ll have cameras full of photos, and a suitcase full of goodies.

I’m sure I’m going to need 2 weeks to recover!

I’m sure I won’t know which time zone I’m in for quite a while!

Today and Tomorrow are the last days of 12 Days of Show & Share. Some time on the 2nd of September I will awake after having spent the night in my own bed. It might be noon! But I plan on posting LIVE sometime on September 2nd!

I’ve got some great scrap quilts to share with you today.

First up is Jean B!

She writes:

Bonnie
I came across you web site via one of those tiny ads on facebook. I have been quilting for 20 years and had never seen any scrap quilt designs I really liked until I saw yours.
I make graduation quilts and I needed 2 for this spring.

jeanb3

Jean’s Basket Weave Strings!

I made a Basket-weave Strings and a Spider web. Old phone books were great for the paper foundations. I have always made continuous bias binding but I never knew how to connect it up so you couldn't see the beginning/ending, until I followed your directions.

jeanb4

Jean’s Label!

Also, I had never been clear about what info to put on a label and you addressed that on another of you pages. I labeled both of these quilts giving credit to you (designer), my quilter, the recipient, and me.

jeanb1

Jean’s String Spider Web!

jeanb2

Spider Web Close up!

Thank-you for teaching this old dog so many new tricks! My next project will be out of recycled shirts... just in the collecting phase now, I haven't decided which pattern to use yet.

Next up we have Pauline K!

((Waving to Pauline who had no idea I’d be featuring her quilt today!!))

She sent me a couple photos of her “Little Monkey” months ago and I’ve been saving it for just this sort of Show & Share post!

paulinek1

Pauline’s Little Monkey Quilt!

Pauline writes:

I love this quilt! It was really fun to make, all with scraps! My borders are a bit different, as is the size. Took the picture at our front gate, Roaring Springs Ranch, as you can see from a bit of the sign. Notice how the wind is blowing, but that's Texas!

paulinek2

Close up of Pauline’s “Little Monkey”!

Can't wait to quilt this one, but it will have to wait its turn!

Please, Mom, may I have more YELLOW! :cD This turned out SO SO SO cute! Just love this! Thanks, Pauline for sharing your photos with us…and I LOVE the RANCH sign from your front gate!

Finally for today I want to introduce you to Judy C from my own homestate of North Carolina!

judyc1

Judy’s Criss-Cross, Applesauce as found in Scraps & Shirttails II!

Judy writes:

Just wanted to share my version of Criss Cross Applesauce - not sure why this quilt called me out to be made - but it certainly did. I love the look of this quilt and since I did not have plaids, I just pulled from my 6-inch scrap supply and used a constant for the 1-1/2 squares. I love, love this quilt - and want to thank you for such a wonderful pattern. As soon as money allows, off to the quilter for the final magic - hummm, I wonder it she does Baptist Fans?

Judy C in NC

Awesome use of color, GF! I love the hot pink ones thrown into the mix….this is just SUCH a fun quilt!

Come back tomorrow! It’s our LAST DAY of 12 Days of Show & Share!

((Aren’t you glad?! LOL!!!))

11 comments:

  1. Nope, I'm not glad, I've enjoyed seeing and reading about each and every quilt. They have been beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:15 AM EDT

    The quilts are so good ... wonderful colors ... and I love each. SO that said, I can email my home address if you all would like to donate a few to a fellow-quilter! LOLOL (just joking!!!, or am I?)

    I am so happy Bonnie you have enjoyed your trip and shared it with us. BUT GIRL...time to sleep in your own bed and all that. Prayers for your safe and happy return!

    Smiles,
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda R8:21 AM EDT

    Hi Bonnie
    Thanks for taking all of us along with you on your travels. I feel as though I've been to Bali!!
    All the tips, tricks, shared quilt photos have been wonderful.
    Looking forward to Sept 2. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, The Purple Quilter9:13 AM EDT

      Ditto! :)

      Delete
  4. This has been such an inspiring series. I've saved every posting in my e-mail folder so I can go back and look at them when I'm ready to start a new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:44 AM EDT

    Bonnie, I absolutely LOVE your blog. Here's why: you care so much about your readers that you set up 12 posts to "cover" while you were in Bali. Just in case you couldn't post from there. GF you are the VERY BEST blogger in the quilterverse. How many of us have found a new blog --with the last post 3,6, or even 9 months ago? You rock!
    Laura
    NC Mountains
    gmomalaura@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. More fantastic quilts. I forgot how much I love little monkey. I do need to make a coule of baby quilts. hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed all that you have shared and it has inspirited me to use more of my scraps and not give them away. The littlest pieces go in a bag for make cat quilts for the shelters so all is being recycled. YOU rock! Thanks for sharing all your knowledge and wonderful tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALL fantastic scrap quilts! Love seeing how others have interpreted your patterns so I have really enjoyed the Show and Share. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:00 AM EDT

    I too, have enjoyed every post. I was told about your website by a fellow quilter a couple of years ago. and have been a fan ever since.
    I just started following your blog. Boy, was I surprised to see my quilt on one of your posts. It was quite a thrill. I had never thought about traveling to Bali, but now, I really would like to try. Welcome home.
    Jean S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:15 PM EDT

    I have loved all the show and tell! Please continue with it. It is so inspiring and helps me do a bit of dreaming about my future quilts. Nancy

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)