>>>>

Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Years Day Evening Addition: Free Kindle Book!

I love books that are linked with crafting, quilting, knitting, crochet --- it doesn’t matter! If I can see myself involved in the story because of things so elemental to my life ((We all understand the NEED to create beauty, and how it feeds our souls, right?!?!  RIGHT?!?)) then the story is that much more fun to read!
 
I’m writing this quick, we are just back from dinner at the Spaghetti Factory—yummo! I haven’t been there in ages, and we sure had a good time.  I am crawling into jammies, putting my feet up and spending the evening working on hexies ---
 
DH is happily on his way home, and since he gave up the first class seat on the way TO Dallas, I upgraded him to economy plus on his way home so he’s got plenty of leg room to stretch out ((Bigger plane too, which makes a huge difference when compared to the small express jet commuter planes!))
 
Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun, the first in the Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery series by Lois Winston, is free in the Kindle store as a promotion for the newly released (today) second title in the series, Death by Killer Mop Doll.
Book Description:

When Anastasia Pollack's gambling-addicted husband permanently cashes in his chips in Vegas, her life craps out. She's left with two teenage sons, a mountain of debt, and her nasty, cane-wielding Communist mother-in-law. Not to mention a loan shark demanding fifty thousand dollars.

Anastasia's job as crafts editor at American Woman magazine makes life even stickier when she discovers the dead body of über-ambitious fashion editor Marlys Vandenburg hot-glued to Anastasia's office chair. Marlys collected enemies and ex-lovers like Jimmy Choos.

When evidence surfaces of an illicit affair between Marlys and Anastasia's husband, Anastasia becomes the prime suspect. Can she sew up the case and keep herself out of jail before the real killer puts a permanent end to her investigation?
Double check it’s still free before clicking…..

Tomorrow, come back for Mystery Monday Link-Up!  It’s going to be exciting to see how everyone’s quilts are coming together --- and I’m unveiling our new logo that Forest Jane has designed for us!

It’s a good start to 2012 ----isn’t it? :c)

7 comments:

  1. Bonnie, thanks so much for sharing the free kindle books you find. DH just gave me a kindle for Christmas, and we are getting ready for a LONG plane ride, so I'm trying to stock up (economically) on e-reading material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that book and it's hysterical! I found it at the library a few months ago & with a title like that, I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Bonnie -- I always appreciate your Kindle updates!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, thank you so much for sharing these free books! I had the free Kindle reader on my PCs, but I just got a Kindle for Christmas! I was so tickled to add all my free books onto it, thanks to you. You Rock!

    Vickie in Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! What newsletter do you get that shows these? When I go to the Kindle Daily Deal area, I still see the one that was offered this morning. Would hate to be missing out on free books! ;)

    Sandy A

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby bought me a Kindle for Christmas. I was so surprised and happy! I now can get all these free Kindle books I have been reading about from you. Thank you so much for sharing that info with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bonnie. Living in the UK, we don't always get the same free Kindle books as you guys get. But I always check out your suggestions. I found kuforum.co.uk for UK readers and I now have 157 books on my Kindle. The books change on a daily basis. Today your book was free for me too! Oh Lord give us more than 24hours in a day!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)