>>>>

Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Morning...

....and I am HOME......ALONE!! I returned home from Beaumont yesterday afternoon, and promptly crawled into bed for a 2.5 hour nap.

Can I tell you how blissful this feels? Yes, even Jeff is off to classes at the community college this morning. I am really hoping this is the year he buckles down and gets his GED so he can move on with his life. I love my son, I want him to find some motivation for his life, to find what makes him happy, for him to set some goals and work toward them...and become independent!

I know all kids mature at their own rate. I know this. I am living this. But it is so hard to encourage a kid who has no motivation. :c|

So what am I going to do today? The options are many! I feel the need to do simple things like wash and change bedding. To sweep some, and dust some, and mop some, and maybe even (MAYBE) cook something! I'm feeling the need to "Nest" just a bit. I'm home for a week!

The only thing I have firmly set my sights on is a bee meeting tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing the girls and filling the evening with stitches and laughter!

And I have a choice on which handwork project I can bring...either the Dreamsicles quilt that still needs the binding stitched down, or the baby quilt for my new-to-be-nephew who is due to arrive in a couple weeks (Still unnamed, can't finish the label until I know his name!) OR...

I can attach THESE units



To the mother ship:



And watch it come together! I've got almost..ALMOST....5 of the 6 diamond units done, can you see how they fill in between the star points?

And look at what I did to organize my pieces!



I bought this travel organizer many years ago, and it has been stuck back in a cupboard. It works PERFECT for the hexagons in progress! 3 clear compartments with zippers, one big compartment on the end with a zipper, and there is even a zipper you can't see on the back of the organizer. I've got my hexagon map in there to keep it close :c)



It all rolls up nicely into a little bundle and is held by a velcro strap. It was perfect for traveling with this project....it lays in my lap with everything right where I need it! Perfect for a couch, a guild meeting, an airport or plane seat.

I probably over stuffed it with too many hexagons, but you know how it is when I start to cut! It is all about variety, and heaven forbid I fall short in that category! I just kept cutting! LOL

I have pics to share from my visit to Texas, but I don't want to do this all in one post..besides..this is the second time I'm writing this post, when i went to publish it, blogger freaked out and asked for my login, my login failed! (WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!) and I lost the post. Anyone else have that going on?

Be watching for more about Texas tomorrow....that is if I can get THIS POST to post today! (and always click SAVE first just in case it doesn't go!)


14 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 AM EDT

    Just in case.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger has been buggy lately for me too...lost a post yesterday while trying to upload photos! grrr...Anyway, enjoy your time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the Beaumont meeting. I was with one of the many that came over from Lake Charles, LA. It was a great program and I am looking forward to your post.

    I have a hexagon quilt on my blog if you want to check it out. I am working on another. English Paper Piecing is addicting. I am going to give a workshop at the Beaumont guild on the subject in the early spring.

    Rest - there is another day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hexies are gorgeous!! AND I love the way you have organized them for travel!! After all... a hexie here and a hexie there adds up to a lot of hexies!!
    Take care and thanks for sharing!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one gorgeous 'hexi' quilt. Wow! I love the way you have organized your pieces to travel with it.
    Your son will do fine. The teen years are hard. My son finally got his GED and now has a family of 5 and his own business. Keep the faith girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Hexagon mother ship!The travel bag looks very handy,and I know what ya mean about the scrappy part.If you cut "too"many you will always have another project started..As for the son,this may seem old time.but have him make a list of things he likes to do, and figure out if he could make money doing it..today people are making their own jobs,back when I was younger..AHEM..you took a test and it told ya what kind of jobs you might be good at,Eh..and there were only certain jobs..today there are so many possibilities.Good luck and "nest" it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a son just like that and I feel the same way. I just want him to be happy and finish school.
    Love the hexy quilt, you don't let anything scare you do you? Most people, myself, see all those pieces and stay away. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother ship is spectacular. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your week at home! While your job seems so wonderful to me, I would miss being at home...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Son? Hope for a sensible young woman to come along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love that version of the hexigon quilt. Never seen that done that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your hexies! Enjoy your time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, yes. You can lead a horse to water...better to focus on what yo can do than what you cant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:26 PM EDT

    I just discovered English paper piecing in May and I am addicted. I am doing Lucy Boston's Patchwork of the Crosses book by Linda Franz. It is so easy to take and do anywhere--no hauling a sewing machine, not having to worry about 1/4 inch seam allowance, and it is so soothing to my worried mind. It's the best stress reliever, hands down. I'm making my own patterns and also using some from my favorite quilt shop that sends me two a month. Keep the faith and I will see you in July in Cedar Rapids, IA. Can't wait!.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)