>>>>

Thursday, February 05, 2009

More Shouts from Ireland!


Wow! This has been a week for Shout Outs!

I heard from Siobhan that she had seen that Quiltville's Quips & Snips was mentioned in the 2nd edition of Irish Quilting! How cool is that?

So I had to go searching for a magazine cover. Turns out Jane Weston is also listed! And I tell you, her photo shoots are much better than mine. so please follow the link to see the layout!

I'm feeling mostly better. I wish it was more than that, but I'll take it.



Today I'm going to work on a couple projects with my friend Mary at her house in Asheboro, and then do a book signing for her guild. When I presented my workshops and programs, my book hadn't been released yet..so this is kind of a replay. Impromptu but fun! We'll meet up with other friends for dinner before hand.

One of those "things" is binding my "Just Quilt It" Wonky Log Cabin that I just finished the hand quilting on while at retreat. The colors are off in these photos...really, it's more of a red/purple than a blue purple...and I hope you can see the stitching...I took the pics outside on the deck where I thought the light was better. There are fans in the center, a zig zag in the black borders (Thanks to Lucy for turning me onto the Hera marker!) and I drew freehand feathers in the large purple areas before quilting them...kind of Reverse Long Arm training I guess! If I can draw it with a quilting machine,I can draw it with a chalk pencil and hand quilt it too, right? Who woulda thought?!

Have a great day everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Have a fun day with Mary...that's Quilt Hollow's Mary...right??? She seems like a really great gal. Love your hand-quilted wonky log-cabin, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks great no matter what the shade of purple is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited. I thought I was going to get to come to one of your workshops when you come to Washington, but there was a miscount and now I am first on the waiting list for a cancellation. If there is a cancellation, I hope it is with time enough for me to get there, as it is four hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! Congrats on another shout... this one from across the pond. Love the finish on your hand quilted beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all that purple and the wonky squares! Such fun. I can almost see the stitches. Looks good. Congrats for getting in the Celtic mag too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the Quiltmaker magazine and love your article and pattern. Another need to do quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll give you a million dollars for that purple quilt (if I had it). I love it. I think it's one of my favorites of yours. I've been thinking about purple a lot lately. I want to make a purple, olive and brown quilt. It sounds gross, but I think it will be beautiful.

    If you get a chance, come see my Strip Twist. I posted it today. My cat says hi to your cats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful, inventive quilt! Loved the cat video! Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)