>>>>

Monday, January 22, 2007

Winter colds..rainy days and stuffy heads and achy Bonnie!


I feel like the crud is knocking at my back door! I am drinking lots of herb tea, doing the "zicam" stuff and upping my vitamins trying to keep this thing at bay.

It's had me moving pretty slow over the weekend...yesterday (Sunday) I didn't get much of anything done, but did accomplish a much needed sunday afternoon NAP. I should have done the same today! Luckily with the weather being so ick, my 1pm client called to reschedule, and I am glad..because I don't want to pollute her either. I just hope this doesn't turn into a full blown sinus infection thing. The Chorale concert is this Sunday, the 28th!

The binding and hanging sleeve are finished on the epiphany stars. I need a good day outside on the fence to get a good pic of it, but really, it doesn't look much different than the pic farther down my blog...only the binding is finished instead of just laying there. So use your imagination ;c)

The binding is 1/2 done on the amish strings as well. Bindings are great to get done at work in between clients, and I think I can pace myself on them....

I have enjoyed the comments on the lilies quilt. I've taken everyone's opinions into consideration. It's fun how we all see things differently. I am going with the string blocks because it speaks to me. They probably don't speak to everyone else the same way, but they do to me. They make me happy, where as before, the blocks made me SNORE. I have fun imagining people long after I'm gone thinking or saying "WHAT THE HECK WAS SHE THINKING WHEN SHE DID THIS?!?" Those are the kinds of things I love looking for in antique quilts, and maybe someone will have fun perusing over my quilts in some future life.

I'm on to piecing the side setting triangles. None got done today...I finished a customer quilt instead. After that I got my "Bonnie loves to play with blocks" quilt machine basted so I can start the hand quilting on it at some point (after the bindings are done). Tomorrow is my birthday...I'll be 45!! I'm freaking out. I never thought I'd be this old...so the treat for myself was to get that quilt top basted.

It's only 9:30pm but I'm going to go get into jammies and call it an early night....maybe some nyquil will help me sleep this thing off...

Bonnie

28 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Bonnie!

    Hope you're better soon.

    I love the wonkiness of the strings, how that adds a bit of movement/idiosyncracy to the lilies. Also like your image of how it will be seen by posterity.

    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the heartstring corners! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 PM EST

    The string blocks look great with the lilies!

    Sure hope you're feeling better tomorrow. Take care of yourself.

    Judy L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 45 isn't that old - I've been 45 for 6 months now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love loving those string blocks. You have this amazing ability to put together the most wonderful quilts. I hope you're feeling better soon. Happy Birthday for tomorrow!
    *huge hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:17 AM EST

    Those string blocks really make this quilt! I'm glad you continued on and that you like it. Sorry about your cold but hope you have a fantastic birthday tomorrow! 45 isn't so bad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better honey. I have been sneezing for 2 weeks now. Crazy weather is making us all wonky. Take care and rest lots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! The Lilies are singing now, great vision on that one; it is a happy quilt. I have eight and a half years on you and no complaints, really found my "voice" after 50 dawned. Life is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very happy birthday, Bonnie,
    I hope the vitamines and herb teas are helping you to keep your cold under control...
    wonderful idea with these string blongs - lucking forward the result :o)
    enjoy Your day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Bonnie,
    I wish you a Happy Birthday and like to thank you for your very nice Blogg

    Sabine from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday !!!
    I love your stringblocks keep going on !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Bonnie - if it's any consolation, my late 40s and all of my 50s were really great! Great job, as always on the string lilies - I knew you would make it look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are feeling better. I had that bug a couple weeks ago . . . thought I would die, and then I was afraid I wouldn't! And, very happy birthday, too. 45 is a snap! I had to laugh at myself over the weekend. I saw a woman I knew about 40 years ago. She was always a heavy smoker, and still is, with the raspy voice and heavy wrinkling of her face, especially around her mouth. Anyway, I was stunned at how old she looked, and thought, "my word, she looks like she's 60." Then, I remembered . . . I'm 60! She looks like she's 80!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forgot to say LOVE the lilies with the string-pieced blocks. Really has some punch. If it were a part of a display of Carolina Lily quilts, it would be the one that stayed in your mind. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday... I like how that lilies quilt is turnign out. The string blocks look like frames for the lillies... I don't even see the same muted green all over the stems & leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday!
    I like the looks of the string blocks with the lilies.
    Take care of the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I knew they would look fabulous!

    Welcome to 45!, I've been here for almost a month (dec. 26th) it freaked me out too, although the alternative is worse.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bonnie, once again you amaze me!!! I love how you dare to create and design the unthinkable and it always works out so pretty!

    Happy Birthday to you! You are just nearing your PRIME! ~Bonnie M.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday, Bonnie!! 45 ain't OLD, you silly girl! We're just getting started!

    I think you made the right decision with adding in the strings. Excellent choice to spice that quilt up. :o)

    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks great Bonnie and what a way to salvage some blocks you didn't really like!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The quilt looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing all that talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The strings are perfect with the lillies! I just love how it looks. And years from now, let them wonder. The quilt is making you happy! As for happy- Happy B'day!! No fretting about 45- you are still a spring chicken, Believe you me! I thought life would stop when i hit 50 and know what..it just got better. Feel better, and don't over do it til that crud is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday Bonnie!! Happy Birthday to you from the heart here in Italy. Love, Giusy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy, Happy Birthday! I really like how the string blocks look with the lillies.

    Sio

    ReplyDelete
  25. Get well soon, Bonnie. I'm jealous of you thinking up those nifty neat string settings for your lilies, it looks FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, we share a birthday - except I was 55 not 45! I'll trade ya!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a pleasant day. And good luck with the concert.

    Inga

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy belated birthday Bonnie, so sorry you had to be sick during it. Hopefully you can pick an unbirthday to make up for your lost time!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)