>>>>

Sunday, December 24, 2006

How Much Quilting on a Cruise?



When we left on the cruise I had two sides of the borders just about completed with the baptist fans. So while on the cruise, I was able to quilt the two remaining sides, and start on the inside of the quilt where I have quilted some of the sashings and 3 of the blocks of string piecing. It is slower going on the inside than it was on the outside, but I am really liking it!

My callouses are good and strong now, so I can't let them get soft again, right? I'll be bringing this quilt with me to Tonya's when I go see her on the 28th. I feel like such a traveling girl :c)

I have also started sewing down the binding on the double 4 patch and furrows quilt...I'll post a pic of it as soon as it is done. My mom does the neatest thing for us for christmas, she makes DVDs of all the great old movies, and sends them..I love them! Last night I watched "bringing up baby" and "adams rib" with Katharine Hepburn...I love those old movies, so funny! So I worked on the binding while watching those classics...

Tonight I am singing with the Cathedral Chorale for two Christmas Eve services. I am really looking forward to it. I really feel like I have found a community there and the music fills my heart and my soul. It's good to be home.

I am wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a terrific and quilty New Year...Happy Holidays if you celebrate in any other way and may 2007 be the best one yet...

Love to you!
Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. I love this quilt so much and the handquilting is just making it look even more fabulous. I am so thrilled that I get to see it in person - really soon!!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is wonderful too Bonnie! I love the color! Wow I"ve missed all your posts - it is so good to see all this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 AM EST

    I love the straight line quilting in the blocks and of course baptist fans are one of my faves! Enjoy your singing, so wonderful at this time of year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and best wishes for the new year for you Bonnie! Your cruise sounds restful, fun and certainly well deserved. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and best wishes for the new year for you Bonnie! Your cruise sounds restful, fun and certainly well deserved. =)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)